|Home||Getting Started||Setup mIRC
||Helpful mIRC Scripts|
Corrupt files or Missing files?
How to decompress / use files:
Compressed files: .001 .rar .tar - Use 7zip or Winrar
Video file: .avi .mp4 .xvid .mpg - Use VLC Media Player or K-Lite Codec Pack
For all other file types not listed, visit http://www.fileinfo.com/filetypes/common
How to fix corrupted files:
Corrupt TAR Files:
If you receive a corrupt file when decompressing a .TAR file, try getting the file from the same bot to ensure the file was completely sent.
If you still receive a corrupt file when decompressing a .TAR file, try to get the file from another bot.
Corrupt .001, .RAR, or .ZIP files:
1) Open the archive in 7zip or Winrar.
2) Click the test button to test the archive for errors.
3) If there are more than 5 files that are corrupt, try to get the pack from a different bot or the same bot if the pack you received is not on another bot.
4) If there are 5 files or less, you can get the files from #incomplete. See below on how to do that.
Back to top
If you have 5 missing or corrupt files, you can request the individual files from #incomplete.
1) Join #incomplete on irc.criten.net.
2) Read the rules on their website before making any file requests.
3) The syntax command to request files is: !request filename.rar / Description of release.